You can now achieve rack and pinion steering performance with a bolt-in steering gear. This steering gear is used to replace the common GM 800 series power steering box used from 1968 to 1991.
Detroit Speed has engineered a brand new, not rebuilt, steering box that provides the performance and feel you would expect from a late model performance car through "Detroit Tuned" rack and pinion valve technology, low-friction gear design, and 12.7:1 quick ratio gearing. This new power steering box is lighter than the factory steering box. Your original power pitman arm may be used.
- All new steering gear unit, Not rebuilt
- Improved steering feel due to low-friction gear design
- “Detroit Tuned” precision rack and pinion valve technology
- Late model performance car feel
- Quick ratio 12.7:1
- Original power pitman arm may be used
- Lighter than stock steering box
- A new 3/4 x 30 spline rag joint (3-1/4” OD) is available through Detroit Speed
- New O-ring power steering hoses are needed
- DSE Steering Gear Outlet Fittings not included
NOTE: To install this steering box on a 1967 C Series truck, frame modifications in the steering box area are required
For an even more positive steering feel, pair this box with one of our collapsable steering shafts, and a complete steering linkage package. Follow the links below.